Got 1Passwod 4 and need help with syncing to ipad

Options
bits
bits
Community Member

I love the app on my MacBook Pro and Mac desktop. Both are running Mavericks. I want to sync 1Password to all, but want to use wi-fi. Do I have to also purchase 1PW for ipad? Help me please. I got the license from 1Password, not the App Store. I am somewhat tech savy, but so far I am unable to solve this dilemma. Thanks.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the iOS application is a separate purchase from the Mac version. If you want to sync your data to your iPad, you will need to purchase the iOS version separately.

• @bits The iOS version is a separate app from the Mac version. There's no way to sell a Mac and iOS app together.

You'll need to purchase 1Password for iOS - it's $17.99 and will work for iPad and iPhone. Here's a link to the App Store.

Then you can sync between 1Password for Mac and iOS using wifi, iCloud, or Dropbox.

• bits
    bits
    Community Member
    Options

I thought since I have 1Password 4 it would work. Sorry, but guess I misunderstood the info. Should have read more carefully before ordering. I may have to ask for my money back and look for something else that will work for all, but it seems so advanced to most.

• @bits

look for something else that will work for all

1Password works for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and Windows Phone. Since they are different platforms, they are all sold as separate apps. For example, it's not possible to include an iOS app with the purchase of a Mac app. But 1Password works great between platforms!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I came over from SplashID, which also requires that you buy the desktop and mobile versions separately, so this pricing model is not unusual.

This discussion has been closed.