1Password Mini runs me CPU hotter and fans faster - is this common?

Options
bealeo
bealeo
Community Member

Hi,

When 1Password Mini is running my CPU is 10-15C hotter and the CPU runs 700 rpm faster, making the whole laptop hotter. Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,

Ian

Comments

• @bealeo Does this known issue sound like it could be your problem?

If you're using a 2009/2010 MacBook Pro, using 1Password may trigger the dGPU to turn on. There isn't a workaround for this as it is an OS X issue, this issue also appears in 1Password 3. One suggestion is to unlock the main 1Password app first before the 1Password mini, that should avoid triggering the dGPU card.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

...although there is now an indication (post #36 in that thread, on the beta forum) that the latest versions should have resolved the problem. (If you're using the Mac App Store version it will take a little time for that version to reach you, so be patient!)

Stephen

• bealeo
    bealeo
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @JasperP and @Stephen_C, this is promising that the issue should be fixed in a future update. Do you know how long (typically) after a new release comes to the AgileBits website that it appears in the Mac App Store?

Ian

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@bealeo, I'm afraid the time a Mac App Store release takes to appear is entirely dependent on Apple's approval process, so I don't think anyone can really guess how long it will take. 4.0.7 is in that approval process currently, I think.

Stephen

• bealeo
    bealeo
    Community Member
    Options

That's what I feared. Hey ho. Shame there is no way (that I know of) to switch streams to the non-MAS version ...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bealeo,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm glad to hear that @Stephen_C and @JasperP have been able to answer your question for you.

If you do decide that you are tired of waiting for MAS updates, your best course of action is to request a refund from the Mac App Store and then re-purchase from our website. We have a guide that covers the technical details on how to Migrate from MAS to web store version here.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.