Getting iCloud to sync between 2 separate users.

Options
gpstew
gpstew
Community Member

Hello everyone! I really hope that y'all can help out with this one. I recently put a new SSD in my computer (Mac on Mavericks) and made an unsuccessful bid to get everything transferred correctly. I sync through iCloud, and it works perfectly for me. To the issue at hand...I created a new user on the computer (for my wife) that has a separate iCloud account (to keep from merging contacts etc.) However, I we would like to be able to use MY iCloud account for 1Password (on her user account) and HER iCloud account for all the rest of her stuff. Is there a way to get 1Password to sync with my iCloud on another persons device? Does anyone know the folder where all of this would be stored? I hope this makes sense, and thank you in advance!!

Comments

• Hey @gpstew, I think that you'll need to use either Dropbox or folder syncing to share a vault. I don't know of any way to use two iCloud accounts for one user.

But to answer your question of where iCloud sync data is stored: All iCloud data is stored in the ~/Library/Mobile Documents/ folder and in there, you should find the 2BUA8C4S2C~com~agilebits~onepassword folder, where 1Password stores your data.

• gpstew
    gpstew
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a ton JasperP!

• You're welcome @gpstew! Here's a link to a support article about sharing vaults that may be helpful to you as well.

This discussion has been closed.