Whose icon is it anyway?

hawkmoth
hawkmoth
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Lounge

Today I reinstalled the iOS version on my iPad. When I searched for 1Password in the App Store, I was presented with several options, the first three of which are shown in the attached image. What gives? It can hardly be a coincidence that all are using the same lock image as 1Password 4 does. And one of these uses the same key that was part of the icon for 1Password 3. What protection is there against this kind of behavior in the App Store? I'm assuming the second two are copying AgileBits, but that's my assumption. I can't really know for sure.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

There is only one 1Password. It appears that it is the first link in your screenshot, but if you want to be sure you can use this direct link: http://j.mp/1PasFO

We're aware of the other apps listed, but it wouldn't be wise for us to comment on them at this time. Thank you for mentioning this, though.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

I knew there was only one 1Password. :) My comment was only many to be about the apparent imitators. I understand that you can't comment. It would not hurt my feelings if you decide to take the whole thread down.

The App Store has been plagued with essentially plagiarized apps in the past. I don't know whether Apple has managed to clean them up or not.

• benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member

Next thing you know they’ll be ripping off your tees.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Thank you @benfdc

I have been meaning to order another shirt or two. You just saved me looking up the blog post for that link. :)

This discussion has been closed.