Can't reach tech support. No Emails sent of new upgrade! Come on Agile

Options
inthecold
inthecold
Community Member

I have been using 1Password since May, 2011. I really needed my password for my Iphone over the weekend. Couldn't figure out why my login's weren't working and looked horrible in front of 3 clients. After much review on 1P's site, I see that I need to upgrade now? Zero Email to me notifying me of impending mandatory upgrade. Called the number from my Paypal Purchase, Hangs up can't even leave a voicemail. Sent email on their site, no response. No phone # on their site either.

Don't get me wrong, I like the product and that's why I use it. But this is unacceptable. There was a free upgrade for anyone that purchased after 1/1/13. key's were already emailed if you bought off store or Agile directly? Apparently for anyone that has been long term, like me, there is nothing that addresses (or Notifies us) of our problem.

What do I do now? Tried deleting my old password on my iPhone, and tried reconnecting thru either dropbox or wifi to THEN find out that it doesn't work any longer.

Agile, If you are looking, there are customers that have been with you for years (me) that would appreciate a head's up and notification of impending syncing issues and need for upgrade in the future.

What do I do now?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

When 1Password 4 came out for iOS devices, which was long before version 4 came out for the Mac, version 3 was discontinued for iPhones and iPads. Those who wanted to move to version 4 had to purchase a new copy. There was a sale price for a time right after the change, I think. In the meantime, Dropbox changed its APIs so that version 3 no longer syncs with Dropbox. Until Dropbox made that change, version 3 for iOAS continued to work, but that broke version 3 for users who rely on Dropbox. I think (but am not sure) that iCloud syncing still works with version 3.

The free upgrades that you refer to for those who purchased version 3 during 2013 is for the upgrade for Macs, not for iOS.

Hope that helps, even if it isn't what you were hoping for.

I have no connection with AgileBits, other than being a satisfied user. I expect you can get this information officially if you contact AgileBits support by email. They have been behind in answering recently because of the release of version 4 for Mac, so it may take a little time before you hear back.

The real problem here is on Apple's part, because there is no mechanism for upgrade pricing on the App Store. Upgrades are all free, unless the developer releases the upgrade as a new application. And all users are charged the same price for the new version.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@inthecold

I would also like to suggest you subscribe to the Newsletter and or the 1Password Blog. Many important changes are announced on it. Additionally you can follow them on Twitter and or Facebook.

Several announcements were made on the blog. I don't think they send any emails unless you specifically opt into the newsletter. I could be wrong on that. But the only emails, that I have ever received were from the newsletter.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @inthecold,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I see that I need to upgrade now? Zero Email to me notifying me of impending mandatory upgrade.

I am sorry to hear that you've been having difficulties with 1Password 3 for iOS. As @hawkmoth mentioned, there have been a few changes for 1Password 3 for iOS recently, as a result of changes to Dropbox's API. When we found out about this change, all 1Password 3 iOS users were sent a pop-up notification advising of the issue, and we reported the change on our blog and Twitter and Facebook. We decided against emailing users directly, but we have heard from users saying that they would have appreciated the more direct notification. I hope that we never have a similar situation again, but if we do, we will take this into consideration when deciding how to notify users.

There was a free upgrade for anyone that purchased after 1/1/13.

All users who purchased 1Password 3 for Mac in 2013 are eligible for a free upgrade to 1Password 4 for Mac. If you purchased 1Password 3 for Mac in 2013 and have not received a license key for 1Password 4 for Mac, please let me know and I'd be happy to get that sorted out for you!

What do I do now? Tried deleting my old password on my iPhone, and tried reconnecting thru either dropbox or wifi to THEN find out that it doesn't work any longer.

If the iOS device(s) you want to run 1Password on are running iOS 6, the best solution is to move to 1Password 4 for iOS, which uses Dropbox’s latest and greatest sync technology.

You can check out 1Password 4 for iOS in the App Store:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

Once installed, just open 1Password 4 for iOS, tap that you have used 1Password before, then tap Sync with Dropbox.

If your device can’t use iOS 6, your best solution for sync is to use Wi-Fi Sync with 1Password 3 for Mac. We have a guide and video to help you set up Wi-Fi Sync.

http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password3/ios-wifi-sync.html

If you have not tried 1Password 3 for Mac before, you can give it a shot with our free Mac demo from our site. You have 30 days to settle in without needing a license.

https://agilebits.com/downloads/1Password/Mac

If you just need a way to backup your data to a Mac or PC for safe keeping, 1Password 3 for iOS has a nifty Backup & Restore option. 1Password can create an encrypted backup of your data file, and you can use a browser on a Mac or PC to copy that file to a place for safe keeping. Here’s our guide to get started with that:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_touch/backup.html

Please let me know if you have any further questions - I'd be happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.