1Password 4.3.x crashes iPod, iPad

Options
angusm
angusm
Community Member

I have a 5th generation iPod Touch, and a 4th generation iPad, both running the latest iOS 7. I'm using Dropbox to sync a fairly large 1Password database that is used by the iPod, the iPad and a MacBook.

Syncing the database is slow; when I start up 1Password, it can take several minutes for the iPod to finish updating. During the update, both the iPod and the iPad often crash - the 1Password app appears to quit, or at least it disappears and is replaced by the homescreen. When I reopen the 1Password app, the iOS device crashes and reboots. (I've also had my MacBook lock up completely while working with 1Password, but that may be unrelated).

The crash seems to occur more frequently if I have the "Settings:Sync" page open with the progress bar showing, but I can't be certain that's a factor. I've probably seen about five or six crashes in total, on the two iOS devices, during the three days I've been working with 1Password. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough to be worrying, especially because I suspect that it may leave the 1Password database in an inconsistent state - I've noticed data being reverted to earlier versions, and some items have conflicts marked.

Is this a problem that others have observed and, if so, is Agilebits aware of it?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @angusm,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up! Could you please let me know what the version # is for 1Password on each of your computers and devices? Please make sure that you are up-to-date on all versions, as we have made some significant improvements to syncing since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac.

• angusm
    angusm
    Community Member
    Options

iPod is running 4.3.2 (and has crashed with both 4.3.1 and 4.3.2). iPad is currently running 4.3.1 (and has crashed a few times with that version) . The Mac is running 4.0.9 (409002).

My password database is fairly large: 1244 items, most of which were imported from SplashID using the vID importer (so it's possible that some of the data items are slightly unusual in some way). The "1Password.agilekeychain" file on Dropbox is 339K in size.

The crashes are intermittent; generally syncing works fine, but occasionally the device crashes while syncing. The problem does seem to be related to 1Password; I don't get crashes with other apps.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @angusm,

That is strange. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac and your iOS devices? (I understand that you are seeing this problem mostly in your mobile devices, but the Report we are able to get from your Mac provides us with much more detail than we are able to get from your mobile devices.)

On your IOS device: Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting > Email Diagnostics

Please change the email to support+forum@ agilebits .com so we are better able to track the report.

On your Mac: Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• manniko
    manniko
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I'll have to add another iPad crash experience since I installed 1Password 4.3.2. I am running 1Password on 2 imacs, 1 MBA, 1 iPhone and 1 iPad 4th generation, Mac OS X 10.9 and IOS 7.04, 1Password for Mac on Version 4.0.8 (408001). Except the iPad all devices are working well and they are synchronising correctly with iCloud. The synchronisation with the iPad didn't work (incomplete or no updates in both directions) and I started troubleshooting the iPad installation (clean the iCloud files, re- install 1Password, ...). While doing this I experienced a couple of 1Password crashes, some of them initiating a reboot of the iPad. My gut feeling tells me that the failing sync and the crashes may be linked. I synched without any problems with WiFi but my preferred way of synching is iCloud. I sent the IOS diagnostic report to the above mentioned mail address. The troubleshooting utility doesn't show any problems on the Macs.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @manniko,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having troubles getting synced up. Thanks for sending that Report in to support, we'll follow up with you directly via email to avoid getting things muddled up between here and there. :)

This discussion has been closed.