Pop-up Login Windows

Options
u2jimbo
u2jimbo
Community Member

I'm trying to set up a Log-in for Go Daddy.com. I get to the website with no problem. However, once there I have to click on a log-in box which generates a pop-up screen (small screen in front/on top of the Home Page) which has the Username and Password fields displayed. Every address scheme I have copied and pasted into the 1P4 Log-in item fails to open the pop-up. I have also tried setting up website 1 and website 2 cascading log-in schemes.

I talked to their tech support and they indicated a number of people reporting success for programs like 1P4.

Can anyone suggest how to make this work?

Comments

• @u2jimbo Try creating a new login for that site with these instructions:

Save a new Login manually

• u2jimbo
    u2jimbo
    Community Member
    Options

Jasper: Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it did not work. I have found a method, but it seems a little strange...
    1. I went to the GoDaddy home page and clicked on the pop-up login box
    2. I entered my username and password and was granted access
    3. I navigated to my account and noted the web address for that page - I entered that address as password #2 in 1P4
    4. I had previously stumbled upon a secure login page while messing around with this issue just before your message to me, I went back to it
    5. I noted the web address of this page (very long string) and entered it as password #1
    6. This gets me logged in directly at my account page rather than GoDaddy's internal, secure front page (this is good cause I don't have to navigate to my account and I don't have to endure their copious advertising!)
    7. The downside (maybe) is the apparent instability - when this two password login script is executing, two (and sometimes 3) web pages are created; one for the entry of the username and password (which fills in automatically), the second and third churn their spinning tops to load. Sometimes they both end up loading my account page (I now have two web pages open), sometimes they keep churning till I click on one which then forces them both to open to my account page.
    8. I close the extra pages and everything seems alright.
    This is the most success I have had - but I am suspicious of the process...

Any other ideas / suggestions would be appreciated.
    Jim

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @u2jimbo,

Unfortunately, 1Password can not always be configured to fill logins completely automatically on sites that use pop-up windows: until you press the 'Login' button on sites like this, there is nothing for 1Password to fill in. In cases like this, we have several options:

• Look for an alternate Login page that does not use a pop-up window, but allows you to fill your information in right on the page

It sounds like you may have found one in your step 5. If so, your best course of action is to follow the steps to save a new login manually above using this web address instead of GoDaddy's main page.

• Use a multi-click Login process.

Navigate to GoDaddy.com, click the Login button to bring up the pop-up screen, and then use Cmd-\ (or the shortcut of your choice) to fill your Login details.

Please let me know if either of these suggestions makes your life easier. :)

• kimaldis
    kimaldis
    Community Member
    Options

Given how much you're asking for 1Password 4 you guys really need to fix this. If I'm going to pay nearly 35 quid for an app I'd expect it to do what it says on the tin. 1Password deals very nicely with popup logins and it's free.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kimaldis,

Is the current version of 1Password giving you trouble with any specific pages? This topic was created over four months ago and plenty of changes have been made to both the application and extension since then. :)

Please let us know what problems you're having now and we'll be happy to help you fix them. Thanks!

• Eze
    Eze
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot get hulu to auto fill it's pop up window

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Eze,

Are you opening the popup login form on Hulu before trying to fill it with 1Password? If that's not working, please try manually saving a new Login item there and give that one a try.

You can also try using your current Login item on the https://secure.hulu.com/account/signin page, then creating and using a one there if your current doesn't work.

I hope that helps. :)

This discussion has been closed.