Sharing Vault over Dropbox: Vault Password not working

Options
Magnus Jepson
Magnus Jepson
Community Member

Hi,

We're using 1Password 4.0.5 on two MacBook's with Mavericks, and following the docs and have successfully setup a shared dropbox folder.

When the person I'm sharing the vault with double-clicks on the shared dropbox .agilekeychain file, he is presented with a dialog window to add the new vault, but the password I set when creating the vault does not work. The password hint doesn't work either as it shows (null).

We've tested this several times, and created new vaults, but still not working.

Here is a screenshot of the dialog: http://d.pr/i/2UTh/53wXV8J9

Comments

• jub
    jub
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, this won't help but I have the exact same issue, so I guess it's a bug introduced in the latest version.

• oshloel
    oshloel
    Community Member
    Options

Try the password with which the vault in Dropbox was originally created on computer 1. That should allow you to sync it to the 2nd computer. After that, it should open on the second computer with the password you established on the second computer. This probably is a security feature to prevent just anyone accessing your dropbox and gaining access to a vault/keychain.

• Magnus Jepson
    Magnus Jepson
    Community Member
    Options

Just to be clear, we are using the password which was used to create the secondary vault on my computer. It doesn't work with this password.

We also tried the master password from the computer we created the shared vault on.

• Magnus Jepson
    Magnus Jepson
    Community Member
    Options
  • Magnus Jepson
    Magnus Jepson
    Community Member
    Options

We tried the workaround on the second computer, but as soon as we try to sync/merge with dropbox it crashes http://cl.ly/SW3u

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Magnus,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty getting multiple vaults set up. Our developers have been doing a great job squashing bugs lately. Please make sure that you have the latest and greatest version of 1Password: 4.0.8 for purchasers from the Mac App Store, and 4.0.9 for users who purchased directly from our website. With this version you should be able to double click on the agilekeychain file to open the vault on the second user's computer.

Of course, please let me know if you are still experiencing issues after updating your version and we'll do some further investigating :)

• Magnus Jepson
    Magnus Jepson
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response. I saw 4.0.8 was out and we updated yesterday and it didn't work at first, but we deleted the dropbox folder and created a new sync and then it worked! :)

• jub
    jub
    Community Member
    Options

The update fixed it for me too. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi guys,

Glad to hear this issue is now resolved for both of you, so I'll go ahead and close this topic. :)

This discussion has been closed.