Master Password not accepted after update to 1Password 4 4.0.9

Options
zeuch
zeuch
Community Member

Hi guys,

to be honest: I'm in deep shit... today I've updated 1Password 4 from 4.0.7 to 4.0.9. A big mistake. After the update my master password - which I didn't changed - wasn't accepted anymore. I've got no possibility to get my passwords and saved data.

I deleted the new version and tried to backup my old version 4.0.7 via time machine - which didn't work neither.

I nee URGENT help. I relied on 1Password and now it seems I'm lost... If there is no fast help I have to search for another reliable solution...

Thanks
Andreas

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Andreas ( @zeuch ),

I am so sorry for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Updating your system should have had no effect on your Master Password, but let's see if we can't sort this out! Please try re-booting your Mac to reset the 1Password Mini.

If you are still unable to access your data after a reboot, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.