Macbook not updating via iCloud sync

Options
doug.hall
doug.hall
Community Member

I have set up 1password on a new macbook and it automatically located a vault on iCloud and did an initial sync. However after a closer inspection I can see that it is not updating or syncing with my other devices via iCloud. I also have an iPhone and an iPad mini both of which are on the latest version of the app and sync via iCloud without any issues. I've switched off syncing on my macbook, deleted 1Password and then re-installed but no change. It will not sync in line with the other devices.

Help...

Comments

• doug.hall
    doug.hall
    Community Member
    Options

What is weird is I've just added a test login via 1Password on my new MacBook and that is synced across all devices. What this suggests to me is it's looking at the correct vault at least. It appears that changes made on my other devices (iPhone and iPad) simply don't get applied to the Macbook but are updated between the iPhone and iPad

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @doug.hall,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I've got a couple of things I'd like you to try for me here. First of all, there's been some software updates since your post - please make sure you are up-to-date with the latest version, as our developers have been doing a great job of fixing bugs.

I'd also like you to ensure that you are signed in with the same iCloud account on all computers and devices. If you're like me and have somehow collected several, this could be where the trouble is coming in. :)

If neither of those options helps, we're going to try and kickstart iCloud by restarting both your Mac. If your password database is up to date on your Mac, I'd also like you to try reinstalling 1Password on your iOS devices like so:

• Go to Settings > iCloud > "Documents & Data", toggle to off.
    • Delete 1Password for iOS.
    • Reboot your iOS device.
    • Reinstall 1P, but don't launch.
    • Back in Settings, toggle "Documents and Data" back on.
    • Wait 20 minutes to give data time to load onto device.
    • Launch 1Password.

Please let me know if this helps!

This discussion has been closed.