Failed to open 1Password Database after Installing the last few Betas

Options
Jacob Drabik
Jacob Drabik
Community Member

I’m currently running 4.1.BETA-2 410002, and sync with Dropbox. I receive the following error messages every time I try to open it:

“Failed to open 1Password database
“1Password mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'database is locked'.
Additional information:
2013-11-13 14:09:55 +0000
4.1.BETA-2
Error Domain=SQLite Code=5 "database is locked" UserInfo=0x7f8c754429b0 {SQLiteExtenderError=5, NSLocalizedDescription=database is locked}”

“1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini
“Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support.”

This has been going on for several days, even though I keep downloading and installing the latest updates. The browser extension is working, but not the app or 1Password mini.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version. The .ws.agile.1Password.settings permissions are -rwxr--r-- (744).

Thank you,

Jacob

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you actually restart 1P mini (Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini). Sorry for asking, but it's not clear from your post. You have got checked Preferences > General > Always keep 1Password mini running, haven't you?

Stephen

• Jacob Drabik
    Jacob Drabik
    Community Member
    Options

Neither the 1Password, nor 1Password Mini will run, so I can’t get to the preferences (but I wouldn’t have changed this setting). Any suggestions on how I can get to “Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password mini”? Thank you.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

You said the browser extension is working: what did you mean by that? Can you unlock it and see your logins in it?

Stephen

• Jacob Drabik
    Jacob Drabik
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I can unlock it and see everything.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

In that case, what happens if you click on the gear icon at the top right and then click on "Open 1Password"?

Stephen

• Jacob Drabik
    Jacob Drabik
    Community Member
    Options

That original error pops up:
    “Failed to open 1Password database “1Password mini failed to open database because of the following problem: 'database is locked'. Additional information: 2013-11-13 14:09:55 +0000 4.1.BETA-2 410002 Error Domain=SQLite Code=5 "database is locked" UserInfo=0x7f8c754429b0 {SQLiteExtenderError=5, NSLocalizedDescription=database is locked}”

Shortly after that, the second error pops up:
    “1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini “Please restart 1Password. If this does not help, please contact AgileBits support.”

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Oh dear, I'm running out of ideas. You may have to wait for an expert to come along. I suppose you've tried rebooting the machine?

Stephen

• Jacob Drabik
    Jacob Drabik
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. Thanks, Stephen.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jacob,

I'm sorry to hear that the Mini has been giving you trouble lately. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.