new user not sure how to initiate logins

Options
richardjames
richardjames
Community Member

Hi, I'm on day 2 of using 1password and am not really sure how to get 1password to log me in to a site. I've saved a login but when I next navigate to the same site (and need to login) to I select the site/login from the key in safari or what?

When I have tried selecting the specific site login via the key menu in safari, nothing seems to happen, at least for several seconds (5-15)?

What am I missing?

Help please

Comments

• Hey @richardjames, take a look and this article and see if it helps:

1Password 4 Basics

If it's still not working for you, or if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :D

• richardjames
    richardjames
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP hi and thanks. I have read this several times but I’m still not sure about one item. It’s about the situation where I have a web page open and want to login. I can see the relevant login when I click on the key in the browser. What I don’t know is how to then use this login to actually login. DO I click on it or what? Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@richardjames When you're on a login page that you have saved in 1Password, simply click the 1Password key icon in the browser toolbar or the OS X menu bar, then click on the login to tell 1Password to fill it.

For example, this is what my 1Password extension looks like when I'm here on the AgileBits forum:

If I want to login to the forum, I simply click AgileBits Forum.

Also, an awesome keyboard shortcut that you can use instead: Command - \

Hope that helps!

• richardjames
    richardjames
    Community Member
    Options

JasperP thanks - got it now. Sorry about that, my brain had obviously gone on holiday. Cheers

• @richardjames Not a problem - glad to help. :D

This discussion has been closed.