Accessing 1PW across IOS and Android?

Options
TechAddict
TechAddict
Community Member

I use 1PW currently on Mac desktop and across IOS devices. As I have now got and Android phone I assume the best (only) way to access the info is to switch from iCloud sync to Dropbox? It will probably help once 1PW for Android (full rather than reader) goes live too?

Are there any issues with Dropbox v iCloud security?

Will wifi sync be introduced with Android? If so that might ultimately be the route I go, removing all data from both 'clouds'.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@TechAddict

I assume the best (only) way to access the info is to switch from iCloud sync to Dropbox?

Yep, must use Dropbox.

It will probably help once 1PW for Android (full rather than reader) goes live too?

Still won't support iCloud, but I'm sure it'll be a much better overall experience (probably similar to iOS in lots of ways).

Are there any issues with Dropbox v iCloud security?

In terms of the Dropbox vs. iCloud platforms, I would personally say not much. Remember that your 1Password data is encrypted before it's synced to the cloud either way.

But if you're using iCloud you'll get the new Cloud Keychain format, whereas Dropbox still uses the old Agile Keychain format. The new format has added security, but that's not saying the Agile Keychain format is insecure. Only 1Password 4 on Mac and iOS currently support the Cloud Keychain (therefore Dropbox must use the old keychain since you can use it to sync to other platforms/versions). But the new format will be rolling out across platforms eventually (I would assume with the release of 1P4 on each), so Dropbox sync eventually will use it too. Here's a link to more information about cloud security.

Will wifi sync be introduced with Android?

Since I'm just a user, I really don't know. But my guess would be yes eventually - I would think that AgileBits will try to include similar features in 1Password 4 across platforms when possible.

Hope that helps! :D

• TechAddict
    TechAddict
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much. Most helpful. Time to back-up data, delete iCloud and go for Dropbox. Luckily Samsung gets you 50GB of space with DB so I doubt that'll run out quick!

This discussion has been closed.