Can't find agilekeychain file to iTunes sync to 1password ios

Options
duelist77
duelist77
Community Member

Hi, I'm a new user of 1password. I just got 1password 4 for Mac and 1password for ios. I want to sync the 1password data on my Mac to the ios device through iTunes file sharing. I don't have dropbox installed on the mac, and I don't plan on syncing 1password data with dropbox. I understand that with itunes file sharing, the 1password data on the mac essentially is copied wholesale to the ios device, replacing whatever 1password data is on the ios device - I'm ok with that.

From what I've read so far, the file to fileshare through iTunes is an *.agilekeychain file that's supposed to be on the Mac. However I can't find the file at all. There is nothing in the preferences section of 1password Mac that shows the location of such a file. Is that the file I'm supposed to itunes file share to the ios device, or should it be another file? What and where is the file I'm supposed to fileshare in iTunes?

I also see a Folder Sync option in Preferences > Sync. Is the *.agilekeychain file or whatever file I'm supposed to share not created until I use that?

I have: OS X Mavericks, 1password 4 for Mac (latest Mac App Store version), 1password for iOS (latest version), NO Dropbox

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

@duelist77

Is that the file I'm supposed to itunes file share to the ios device, or should it be another file? What and where is the file I'm supposed to fileshare in iTunes?

Yes, you're right. The .agilekeychain file is what you need to be using for iTunes file transfer.

I also see a Folder Sync option in Preferences > Sync. Is the *.agilekeychain file or whatever file I'm supposed to share not created until I use that?

Yes, try setting up a local folder sync. Then the .agilekeychain file will be available.

This discussion has been closed.