Iphone not appearing in sidebar

Options
whatuk
whatuk
Community Member

hi, i've recently upgraded to 1password 4.0.9 for mac, and now my iPhone is not appearing in the sidebar for syncing. my iPhone is running 3.7.1.
i've tried everything in your troubleshoot guide, and my mac can ping, and see my phone using bonjour browser, but i still never get any prompts when i click allow incoming connections on my iPhone, or when i enter wifi sync on my mac.
please help!
m

Comments

• Jasper
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hey @whatuk, you need to use 1Password 4 on both Mac and iOS to use the new wifi sync. It was completely re-written in version 4, so you must have the same version of 1Password installed on both your Mac and your iOS device to be able to sync using wifi. Instructions on how to sync using wifi for 1Password 4 are here.

There's another discussion about this exact issue, but here's the summary. Basically, there are three options for you to continue to keep everything in sync:

Hope that helps! :D

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you are trying to sync by wifi from 1P4 on the Mac you need to have iP4 for iOS on the phone: see here for the relevant comment in the knowledge base.

Stephen

• whatuk
    whatuk
    Community Member
    Options

oh i see. so i have to have both versions updated to 4. that's annoying. so there's no way to sync version 4 on the mac, and 3 on iOS. i think that means i'm going to slowly migrate back to the apple keychain. shame.

• @whatuk

so there's no way to sync version 4 on the mac, and 3 on iOS.

Not directly. But like I said above, you can use 1Password 3 for Mac as an intermediary between version 3 on iOS and version 4 on Mac. You can still use 1Password 4 for Mac, you'll just need to open 1Password 3 for Mac to do a sync with iOS (the changes will automatically sync between the two Mac versions locally if you follow @Megan's instructions).

• Grunt_at_the_Point
    Options

@whatuk

You may want to read this thread over at Macrumors. There are issues with passwords being saved in Apple's keychain. Apparently, there are sites with security settings that do not allow passwords to be saved to the keychain. There are at least two sites that I visit that will not allow keychain to save passwords there. The problem is you leave the site thinking the password has been saved to the keychain only to find out later it has not been. Then, its to late because you didn't record there password. You have to go through the process of assigning a new password. Just a thought.

• whatuk
    whatuk
    Community Member
    Options

ah ok i see. thanks. that's helped.
    m

This discussion has been closed.