doesn't recognize my password

Options
Linda Port
Linda Port
Community Member

i know very little about computers so stuff like "workaround" isn't possible. i NEED ACCESS to my passwords and can't login to my password pro app. the color of the app on my iPhone is blue, not green anymore. i don't think i have upgraded it individually (as advised) but it's possible upgrading was done in a "upgrade all" during the last two months.

i am in big trouble if i can't get access. i haven't written these passwords down anywhere. please help.

Comments

• Hey Linda, what error are you getting after entering your master password?

Also, where is your 1Password data stored? In Dropbox?

• Linda Port
    Linda Port
    Community Member
    Options
    1. it did get updated; 2. color of app went from green to blue; 3. i just opened it and it said their was a weird bug and that i should change my password to a 4 digit one; 3. i did that; 4. now i am "sending data to myself"
  • Linda Port
    Linda Port
    Community Member
    Options

now i've synced and have new password. now i see none of my data - just a blank page

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Linda,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having trouble accessing your data. What version of 1Password for iOS are you using? To find out which versions you have, let me know which icon you see on your home screen from the following image, #1, #2, or #3?

1. i just opened it and it said their was a weird bug and that i should change my password to a 4 digit one

Could you tell me what the bug message said exactly?

• camoreno
    camoreno
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a problem, too, with the app not recognizing the password. I have version #3 of your three designs. I am entering the same master password as my program on my Mac.

• William Critch
    William Critch
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

Please see my topic, "I'm ready to slit my throat"

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @camoreno,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing 1Password on your iOS device. Does your Master Password include any special or accented characters? While 1Password 4 for Mac will accept a password with some fancier characters, the iOS device will not. We recommend using only ASCII characters in your Master Password.

Have you recently changed the Master Password on your Mac?

Changing master passwords do not sync to other Macs or your mobile devices. Once you change it on one Mac, you'll need to change it manually on the other Macs and mobile devices.

(From our Known Issues page.)

Hi @Boggabri_Bill,

I'm not able to find such a topic, so I'm really hoping that your issue has been resolved! If you still need assistance, please provide a link, or let me know a bit more about your situation here so I can help get you sorted out. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for that link, @thightower, I don't know why that wasn't showing up in my search!

@Boggabri_Bill, we'll respond to the issue directly in that thread. :)

This discussion has been closed.