error message: code signature could not be verified in Chrome

Options
naomi
naomi
Community Member

1Password has been running as expected until yesterday when it stopped functioning - it will neither fill automatically nor allow me to copy and paste passwords. It is still functioning in Safari. (I have a new Mac running Mavericks). Any suggestions? please give very explicit directions if you do -I am new to Mac and am totally non-technical....

Comments

• naomi
    naomi
    Community Member
    Options

spontaneously resolved itself..... go figure

• sean_todd
    sean_todd
    Community Member
    Options

I'm noticing this too. When I first installed 1Password 4 it would complain about the signature. Then I updated Chrome and it worked. And now, about a week later, it randomly stopped working. It was working all morning and then died.

Any ideas?

• omaca
    omaca
    Community Member
    Options

This just started happening to me yesterday. Code Signature errors on EVERY SINGLE SITE on Chrome. Works fine on Safari.

What's up? This is very annoying, as I use Chrome extensively.

• NealHarris
    NealHarris
    Community Member
    Options

I just got hit with this also. How do you map the app from Chrome to Safari? Very annoying to me also - I always use Chrome.

• mecutler
    mecutler
    Community Member
    Options

I am having this problem with SAFARI! I have the latest versions of Safari, Mavericks, and 1Password 4. Very frustrating. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

• thedimsnail
    thedimsnail
    Community Member
    Options

I experienced this problem on Chrome too. Updating Chrome to the latest release eliminated the problem.

The Agilebits page, http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/browser_validation_failed.html, does not list this as a possible solution and it should.

• SnackAttack
    SnackAttack
    Community Member
    Options

Chrome started breaking for me a few days ago on my desktop, and now my laptop. I'm using version 31.0.1650.57 and it is still broken. I've been using 1Password 3 forever, and I regret having upgraded to 4 recently.

• omaca
    omaca
    Community Member
    Options

Do AgileBits even monitor these posts?

What kind of support is this?

THE PRODUCT HAS STOPPED WORKING. Hello? Anyone home AgileBits?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey everyone,

First I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding here. We've been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac and are all working hard to get back to our usual snappy responses.

Let's try some things to resolve the mostly Chrome-related problems reported here. First, as noted at the top of this page:

Browser Code Signature Validation

There is a known issue with Chrome where validation will not pass if it is in the middle of an update. If you are seeing this message in Chrome, the first thing you should try is to simply quit and restart Chrome as doing so should successfully re-validate your browser.

In addition to restarting Chrome make sure you're running the latest version (currently 31.0.1650.57). If that doesn't help, next try reinstalling the 1Password 4 browser extension for Chrome:

• Open Chrome.
    • Type chrome://extensions in the address bar and press the Return key.
    • Click the trash can next to the 1Password 4 extension and remove it.
    • Restart your computer
    • Open Chrome and visit the 1Password Extension page.
    • Click Download next to Chrome and confirm the installation.

Still no help? Check the troubleshooting tips on this page:

1Password fails to fill data

That's also applicable to anyone having issues with Safari or Firefox.

Finally, if you're still stuck we'd like to work with you in email to get this resolved as quickly as possible. To do that please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. After analyzing the report we'll send you a reply with other suggestions for fixing the problem.

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.