Ridiculous choice of font!

Options
divot
divot
Community Member

Just bought 1P 4 and first reaction is how clownish the icon and list font size looks. It's so huge I can only see about 18 line items on my retina MBP. Really poor choice on font size. Needs to be user adjustable. Please fix a.s.a.p.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm not fully certain what you are seeing that doesn't work for you, but I have a 27 inch display, so space isn't much of a problem for me. In fact, I sometime wish I could have larger fonts.

But it you are interested, the current beta release (4.1.BETA3) includes a new Layout option in the View menu for Multiple Columns. Lots more information gets into the same size window when that's the option you pick. You could use it now yourself by adding betas to your choice for checking for updates. You do that in preferences. I bought my license from the AgileBits web store, not the Mac App Store. If you used the Mac App Store, I think you will need to wait for the next update, since Apple doesn't give developers the option to distribute betas through their store. Or you can request that your license be transferred to the AgileBits version by contacting support.

• divot
    divot
    Community Member
    Options

OK, that's a good start. I would still like the option to adjust font but at least now I can see multiple entries in a much tighter area. Now if only our friends (who I how monitor this forum) would give me the option to delete previously used passwords. I requested this some years ago but it remains unfulfilled. I really don't want previously used password hanging around.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @divot.

About adjustable font sizes, @roustem has mentioned:

Adding support for variable font sizes might be a bit easier now that we support 10.8 and 10.9 because of the new Auto-Layout feature in the operating system. I hope to see how it works after we put the fires out and get our support inbox under control :)

About deleting previously used passwords, a duplicated item has its Previously used password history cleared. Takes me under five seconds to duplicate an item, remove "- Copy" from its title, save, and delete the original; obviously slower with multiple items that a specific command could do as a batch. :)

• divot
    divot
    Community Member
    Options

Duplicate/remove won't work for me because I have tens of records with multiple previous passwords. I would like to delete these previous passwords. Possible?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @divot.

I understand that being able to remove previously used passwords is important for you and I've added your request to the one we already have open for it in our tracker. There is a workaround and our primary focus right now is resolving problems that do not have workarounds.

• divot
    divot
    Community Member
    Options

If there's a one-time delete workaround that would be good. Please advise how.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @divot.

There's currently no way to remove previously used passwords only once items and not have them saved again if passwords for those items are changed. At this point, we prefer to err on the side of caution and store more information than you might need rather than not enough.

I'm curious why you want to remove previously used passwords. Your specific reasons might be ones we haven't considered and we'd appreciate hearing them. Thanks!

• divot
    divot
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for asking - it's good to know you're interested in user feedback. My rationale for wanting to remove old passwords is because I have records with many old passwords, some of which I "re-use" for new records because they're memorable (to me). I know you prefer to err on the side of caution but at least give the user the option to globally delete old passwords except the one immediately prior.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @divot.

I've noted your reason in the related request in our tracker. It could seem like a reason not to have such an option since we don't want to "encourage" password reuse, while if someone does want to reuse passwords then storing fewer copies seems in the option's favor. :)

This discussion has been closed.