Cannot remove items from folders [fixed in 4.0.8/4.0.9 update]

Options
Stephen Yeoh
Stephen Yeoh
Community Member
edited April 2014 in Mac

I have added new items while I had a folder selected in the left sidebar. When I try to delete the item, I'm prompted to remove from the folder (not delete). I say yes and the item remains in the folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Stephen,

You're not doing anything wrong, just differently… and I'm unable to reproduce what that is. :)

When deleting one or more items from a selected folder a confirmation dialog will appear:

To remove one or more items from a folder select it/them, then select Remove from Folder from the context menu:

That's how it works for me with 4.0.8 or 4.0.9. Which version of 1P4 are you running?

• Stephen Yeoh
    Stephen Yeoh
    Community Member
    Options

Hi oversoul,

Thanks for the quick response. I have 4.0.8. The right click is working for me, so I guess I have no idea what I'm talking about ;-)

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, Stephen.

Here are a couple short related topics:

Room for improvement. :)

• scidoc
    scidoc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I just want to remove from folder. I right click, get the "remove from folder" command, click it, and NOTHING HAPPENS. In regular, not smart folder. What's up with this?

• scidoc
    scidoc
    Community Member
    Options

HI, I'm in 1P 4.05. Trying to tidy up old folders, but I cannot get the Remove from Folder command to actually Remove from Folder. Is this a known bug?

• scidoc
    scidoc
    Community Member
    Options

hey, turns out I can't drag and drop into folders now either :(

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hi, @scidoc.

I'm sorry the Remove from Folder command isn't working and you can't drag/drop items into folders. Please update 1Password 4 to the current version, either 4.0.8 (Mac App Store) or 4.0.9 (Agile Web Store), and see if that helps. Thanks!

• hickel
    hickel
    Community Member
    Options

Works fine in 1P 4.1.2

• Jasper
    Options

Thanks for letting us know it's working for you, @hickel. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.