Pinning is difficult to navigate

Options
josquin
josquin
Community Member

I love the new pinning feature, but I think it's too hard to navigate with the mouse. For a credit card, you have to select the menu bar item, select Wallet, find the card, point to the little arrow on the right, and then get the pin, all without moving out of the "correct" path so the menu doesn't go away. Can there be a faster way to pin, maybe saving a step or two? Or add a keyboard shortcut?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

About the keyboard shortcut: Maybe they could borrow one from Fantastical?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

I entirely agree.

Because it is at the bottom left, I always try to cheat and get there quickly with a more diagonal movement, and of course, this dismisses the entry, switching to another one several items down. It is really bad when the flyout menus open to the left instead of to the right.

I think two things should be changed:

1. the switch delay should be a little longer so the sub-menus aren't so twitchy

2. the anchor element should be adjacent to the flyout menus right triangle so that you don't have to go chasing it across the screen along with the flyout item (which can go either left or right, annoyingly).

• Brian Cometa
    Brian Cometa
    Community Member
    Options

+1 I was about to post a new topic, but it's already here. This is the only problem I'm having with the new version of 1p. I would suggest to just make ALL menus from the 1p dropdown menu go "left". It seems some go left, some right, and then the second/third level menus seems to go in any direction (left or right). If you can just make everything go "left" (since "left" will always have enough space and "right" will reach the edge of the screen) and add anchor location to "top left" of the menu, all will be perfect.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi all!

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

We've been hearing from many users that this menu navigation is a bit clumsy, and it is on our list of things to polish up! Thanks for taking the time to write in about this issue - I have passed this feedback along to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.