iCloud Sync does not recognize 1 Password 4 on new iMac

Options
boydmbd
boydmbd
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

I have 1 Password 3 (last few days on trial period for 1 Password 4) on MacBook Air, and purchased an iMac. Had to purchase 1 Password 4 on App Store for iCloud feature to work per 1 Password website. Unable to update on MacBook Air, good on iMac for Pswd 4. After clicking iCloud enable button, advised to wait a few minutes before the system recognized 1 Password. Nothing happened after 10 minutes. Apple Tech Spt is not familiar with this product and unable to help with app or help with iCloud connection.

Trying to migrate passwords and other pertinent info to iMac via iCloud. Not sure what to do. Appreciate your help as I am locked out of all of my online accounts without manually typing each one from one computer to the other.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @boydmbd,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

First of all, I'm not quite sure that I understand your situation, so please let me know if I'm missing something. It sounds to me like:

• You currently have 1Password 3 on your MacBook Air, and it is unable to be updated to 1Password 4.
    • You have 1Password 4 on your new iMac, and you're wanting to transfer your data from 1Password 3 on your MacBook Air to your new version of 1Password 4.

If that is correct, you will not be able to use iCloud to transfer your data, as iCloud is a feature that is new in 1Password 4. However, you can use Dropbox to sync your information to the new computer, and then change the sync method on 1Password 4 to iCloud, or whatever you desire. :)

The guide on How To: Configure Dropbox Syncing is here. Once Dropbox is set up on your MacBook Air, simply install it on your new iMac as well. If you haven't yet set 1Password up, it should detect your keychain in Dropbox when you open it.

Please let me know how this works for you!

This discussion has been closed.