iCloud sync doesn’t work after switching from Dropbox

Options
eofster
eofster
Community Member

I upgraded from 1Password 3. The application was configured with Dropbox sync. After the upgrade to the version 4 I switched to iCloud sync. I did the same on another Mac and on the iPhone.

When I add a new entry on any of the devices, it doesn’t appear on other devices. The count for all items doesn’t change either. Both iCloud and Documents & Data are enabled, and I can see 1Password in the details of this section. I’m using the same Apple ID on all devices. OS X 10.9, iOS 7.0.4.

Comments

• eofster
    eofster
    Community Member
    Options

What’s the correct way to reset 1Password? I wanted to delete all preferences, keychains, vaults, and try to sync fresh from iCloud.

In the version 3 I had 1Password.agilekeychain in my Dropbox folder. After launching the version 4, I switched the sync to iCloud and didn’t delete 1Password.agilekeychain from Dropbox. The fact that I could delete 1Password.agilekeychain when switching to iCloud means that when using iCloud sync, 1Password doesn’t use 1Password.agilekeychain in the old location, right? So to start fresh I need to delete some new local storage of 1Password data.

• eofster
    eofster
    Community Member
    Options

I haven’t tried resetting, but decided to switch back to Dropbox sync, and it works now. Still looking forward to using iCloud sync.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you want to start over there's an article here on how to do it.

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @eofster.

Please let us know if you'd like any help getting your syncing issues sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.