password only worked when rebooting

Options
csonni
csonni
Community Member

Tried to use my 1Password this morning with a fail on entering the password. I also noticed that it had an old hint after several tries that I had changed quite some time ago. I rebooted my Mac and tried again with success. I'd like to know what that was all about. No, my cap keys weren't on, either. Anyone else experience this before?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @csonni,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm so glad to hear that a reboot fixed the issue. It sounds to me like 1Password might have been using an old keychain file. Have you made changes to your sync settings or your password database recently? If you'd like us to investigate this a bit further, could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.