2»

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

@paddypdx

However, my worry is that when we are forced to pay for an upgrade to 1Password (how often does this happen anyway?)

The time frame between the 1Password 3 and 1Password 4 and needing a paid upgrade was approx. 5 years. (2009-2013)

we will have to continue to pay upgrades for the family license even if it turns out we will continue to use just one license?

At that time you could always convert to a single license. There have been a a few folks whom have done that during this upgrade to 1Password 4.

• paddypdx
    paddypdx
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your helpful replies on this and my Master Password post!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timsquires,

I'm so glad that @JasperP was able to answer most of your questions - I do apologize for my delay in responding here. I agree, if you and your wife are sharing one computer and one copy of 1Password, there isn't much reason for a family license. If you could send an email in to support+forum@ agilebits .com with your licensing information, we'll see what we can do to get you all sorted out :)

• timsquires
    timsquires
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan, thank you, I'll do that :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @timsquires,

Thanks so much - we'll follow up with you via email as soon as possible :)

• sahil
    sahil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, from what I've read on the website and other reviews is that 1Password is a vault where you simply store passwords for easy access(correct me if i'm wrong), plus its encrypted and the vault is either stored in iCloud dropbox or locally.
    Assume i want to access a particular account on my friends computer(or a public computer) where my 1Password vault is obviously not synced. So how do i get my password then?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sahil,

If you store your database in Dropbox, you have access to a handy little feature called 1Password Anywhere. All you need to do to view your database is log in to www.dropbox.com on any web browser. There's a file inside your database called 1Password.html. This will open 1Password Anywhere. Simply type in your Master Password to see all your Logins. :)

• sahil
    sahil
    Community Member
    Options

what if its on icloud? or locally stored somewhere?

• Jasper
    edited March 2014
    Options

Hi @sahil,

Due to limitations of iCloud (no proper web interface), 1PasswordAnywhere is not supported. We recommend Dropbox syncing if 1PasswordAnywhere is important to you.

It is possible to access 1PasswordAnywhere while your keychain is stored locally, but some limitations exist there as well. As far as I know, Safari is the only browser able to view 1PasswordAnywhere locally. A few more details are here if you're interested.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.