Fill login on current page shortcut not working

Options
Brandon Metcalf
Brandon Metcalf
Community Member

After upgrading to 1password4, the shortcut for automatically filling in logins always brings up the mini password dialog and I have to search for the login. This worked in the previous version.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Brandon,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

The autofill shortcut will bring up the Mini if you have multiple Logins for the website that you are visiting, or if 1Password can't recognize the site. If you are seeing this behaviour consistently, for sites that you have only one Login for, I'd love it if you could send us some URLs so we can run some tests on our end.

Alternatively, if you are only seeing this issue with one or two Logins, manually saving a new Login might be the simplest course of action. Let's try this:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Does this new Login behave as expected for you?

This discussion has been closed.