Dropbox Sync Error - Failed to list data folder in Dropbox

Options
bstein
bstein
Community Member

The syncing works on my iPad Air, but not on my iPhone 5S with equivalent setup. Syncing fails immediately, data below:

iPhone iOS version: 7.0.4
1Password version: 4.3.2
Dropbox version: 3.0

Failed to list data folder in Dropbox
Problem: Unknown Error

App Error Code: 702
Dropbox Error Code: 406
The operation couldn't be completed.
(dropbox.com error 406.)

{
error = "Folder contains more entries than file_limit (25000);
"file_limit" = 25000;
path = "/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/";
}

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bstein,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Are you currently using 1Password on a Mac or PC? If so, please let me know the version number of 1Password and your operating system. This error suggests that you have more than 25,000 items in your keychain. If we could see a Report from your main computer we'd be able to sort this out a lot more quickly.

• bstein
    bstein
    Community Member
    Options

1Password4 [Version 4.0.8 (408001)] on OS X [10.9]. According to 1Password I have 167 items in my keychain.

That said, there was a bunch of horrible importing issues when I migrated from LastPass and I ended up having to ultimately munge a CSV file to get everything imported into 1Passsword. IIRC I hit a similar limitation during import (which made no sense given the number of logins). That's how I ended up with the CSV import.

FWIW I tried to start fresh doing the following:

• Export to local .1pif
    • Fully quit 1Password/mini
    • Delete Dropbox files
    • Rename ~/Library/Contianers/...1password-osx-helper directory
    • Restart 1Password
    • New to 1Password then import .1pif
    • Erase all data from iPhone app
    • Sync Desktop->Dropbox
    • Sync Dropbox->iPhone

It now works! Thanks for the pointer re: absurdly giant keychain.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bstein,

I'm glad to hear you got it working, although I do apologize for the trouble you had to go through there!

This discussion has been closed.