iPhone and ipad won't sync- newbie

Options
Donna Morris
Donna Morris
Community Member

Hi

Sorry but for the life of me I can't get the two to sync via iCloud. iCloud is turned on in both apps inside 1password and they say they have synced but what I've entered on the ipad is not showing up on the iPhone.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Donna

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Donna,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

I'm glad to hear that you checked to ensure that iCloud is enabled on both devices - that's a great place to start! The next thing we want to check off our list is that you are logged into iCloud with the same account on all devices. (If you're like me and have somehow acquired several, this could be where the trouble is coming in.)

Once that is all confirmed, we're going to have to try that old trick of re-starting your devices. I know it sounds weird restart Apple devices but it's possible for iCloud's librariand process to get into a bad state and the easiest way to fix it is to reboot. To restart iOS, follow this guide from Apple

After rebooting everything, see if your items start syncing. If your data doesn't sync, try creating a new Login on one device called "TestForAgileBits" with some sample information.

Wait a few minutes and then start 1Password on your other iOS device (don't forget to reboot first). Unlock 1Password, wait 1 minute, and then go to the Categories tab, tap on Logins, and see if you can find the TestForAgileBits item you created.

Please let me know how these steps work for you!

• Donna Morris
    Donna Morris
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for getting back to me. I will look into it tomorrow.

Thanks
    Donna

• Donna Morris
    Donna Morris
    Community Member
    Options

Restarting did the trick. Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Donna,

I'm so glad to hear that you're all sorted out!! If you have any further questions, you know where to find us :)

This discussion has been closed.