1Password login works on Mac version but not on iPad

AgileMe
AgileMe
Community Member

I regularly sync my ipad with my Mac, and all the logins I've set up work fine on both platforms - except this one. It's a banking site, and two screens are involved (username on the first, password on the second), so I have two separate logins labelled "step 1" and "step 2". The problem is that when I try to use the "step 2" login on the iPad, nothing happens - the password field doesn't get filled in. I've checked that the "step 2" login has synced correctly, and 1Password does know what the correct password is (when I edit the login and reveal the password field, it's the same on the Mac and the iPad) - but even if I make sure to click in the Password field before I click on the key icon and select the "step 2" login, the password field on the banking site's page stays empty.

Have you heard of this before? Any tips? I have resynced a number of times, and as I said, all my other logins work (including some other banking two-step sites).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AgileMe,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your bank's website. Sometimes banks will actively disabling automatic filling for password fields as a security measure, but if you are able to use the Login on your Mac, it seems less likely. I'd like you to try something that might be a bit odd: please go to Settings > 1Browser in the iOS app and toggle 'Animate Fill' to off. If this doesn't work try toggling 'Auto-submit Logins' as well. If this doesn't make a difference, please send us the website address of the bank so that we can do some testing on our end :)

• AgileMe
    AgileMe
    Community Member

Hi, Megan. I have tried toggling those two settings in all possible on/off combinations, but still nothing happens in the password field. Is there an email address where I can send you the name of the website? I'd rather not announce where I bank, on a public board like this. Thanks for your help!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AgileMe,

If you'd prefer to continue this conversation via email, please drop us a line at support+forums@ agilebits .com. Please include a link to this discussion so we can connect the dots when we get the message. :)

• AgileMe
    AgileMe
    Community Member

Okay, I have emailed you, and included a link to this discussion within the body of the message. In the meantime, I noticed that my login had somehow gained a total of 9 website addresses. I thought it might help to clean those out and resync - but I've taken those steps, and am still seeing the same behavior. Works on the Mac but not on the ipad.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @AgileMe,

We'll work with you directly via email so that we don't get things muddled up between here and there - but thanks for including that extra information :)

This discussion has been closed.