1Password4 Not Filling Logins In Safari

Options
jmdavis5633
jmdavis5633
Community Member

Just bought and downloaded Version 4. I have the latest version of Safari. I am running Mavericks. I downloaded and made active the new extension. I deleted the old extension. I am not running any security apps on my iMac other than those included with Mavericks. Auto fill worked fine before the upgrade. Safari version is 7.0. Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmdavis5633,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with the new extension in 1Password 4. It sounds like you may have checked some of these out already, but take a look through our support article 1Password fails to fill data and see if anything fits your issue.

If not please provide a bit more information on your situation: what steps are you taking to fill a Login - including what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. The more detail we have, the easier it will be to track down a solution!

• DavidBaisley
    DavidBaisley
    Community Member
    Options

I know this has been posted previously and I've checked out the FAQ and nothing applied to solve this problem for me. This behavior occurs across three different machines all running mavericks and the latest update of 1Password. The only fix I have found is to logout and log back into the account to get things working again. Then spontaneously it will fail again.

Is this considered an outstanding issue?

Can I provide you all with data to help debug/fix this behavior?

Thanks.

• DavidBaisley
    DavidBaisley
    Community Member
    Options

As a follow up it works in chrome while broken in safari but I have had it break in chrome as well and I do prefer Safari.

• docsail
    docsail
    Community Member
    Options

Similar issue here: Cannot get auto fill to work in Safari 7.0 on Mavericks, with 1P extension 4.0.1. Have checked FAQ. Uninstalled and reinstalled 1P extension. Does work in Chrome, Firefox.
    Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DavidBaisley,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting Logins to fill in Safari. You mentioned looking in the FAQs, but I want to make sure you've seen the 1Password fails to fill data page. We just need to be sure you've covered all the basics before we get into the serious troubleshooting ;)

• Are you seeing this on a few particular websites (if you are, please give us examples), or is it consistent across all sites?

If it is a particular website, please try this:

• Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it on our end?

• DavidBaisley
    DavidBaisley
    Community Member
    Options

Yep that's what I read and checked on.

It happens on all sites.

I have not had it happen recently on the other two machines I use so I believe the cleanup I did following the FAQ steps fixed it for those two.

• agilejon
    agilejon
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Safari 7.0. Mavericks. 1Password 4. Went through checklist on http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/Mac/en/KB/filling-issues.html.

Browser extension seems to successfully connect to the 1P database - can search and browse my logins from within Safari. If I select one, it loads the page, but no filling of the forms happens.

NOTE : according to my wife, this did NOT work even before the upgrade to 1P 4. The Firefox extension works fine. Is there some debugging information that I can provide?

• DJ_Z
    DJ_Z
    Community Member
    Options

Same thing happening with me. Happens on both my new MBP and iMac. Both running Mavericks and latest Safari Version 7.0 (9537.71). Only affects Safari. Works fine on Firefox & Chrome.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

If you're still having trouble with form filling using the 1P4 extension in Safari we'd like to help you get it resolved through email. Please start by emailing a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having the problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Markhaus
    Markhaus
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this has been resolved, but I am having the exact same issue. Have gone through the FAQ, no malware program, Mavericks, etc. Just won't autofill. Any solutions yet?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Markhaus.

Please refer to my reply here in post #10 for what to do if you're still having trouble with form filling using the 1P4 extension in Safari. Thanks!

• Ginger Campbell
    Ginger Campbell
    Community Member
    Options

When I first updated to Mavericks I had no problems after updating my Safari extension for 1Password but today I am getting an error message that says: "Microsoft Word is connected but its code signature cannot be verified.."

The first time it happened I thought the website I was visiting might be using a Word form, but I got the same message when I tried to sign in to this forum.

I have gone through all the FAQ suggestions.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, Ginger,

I'm sorry you're having trouble using the 1P4 extension with Safari. If you haven't already done it please give this a try:

• Uninstall and reinstall the 1P4 extension in Safari, following these steps:

• Open Safari.
      • Select Safari > Preferences… from the menu bar.
      • Click the Extensions tab.
      • Click Uninstall for the 1Password extension:

• Restart Safari and visit the following page: 1Password Extension.

• Press the Big Green Button to install the 1Password Safari extension and follow instructions on the new page to install the extension.
    • Restart 1Password mini.

If you're still stuck after that please send us a Diagnostic Report per earlier instructions and we'll help you resolve this through email. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.