Mac App Store version 4.0.8 will not Sync Correctly with Dropbox

Options
rizzior
rizzior
Community Member
edited November 2013 in Mac

Can anyone tell me if there is a Fix yet for the (1Password 4.0.8 Mac Appstore Version) Sync Issue with Dropbox ?
On 1 Password on my Mac, Logins are (536) and all items are (818) but on Dropbox, Logins are (535) and all items are (814)
If i Try 1Password 3, Logins are (535) and all items are (814) So there is Something wrong with 1Password 4.0.8 Mac Appstore Version.

BTW i am running Mac OSX 10.9 on my MacBook Pro.
Thanks.

Comments

• antipole
    antipole
    Community Member
    Options

Not working for me either. Have tried locking, quitting, etc., but no way I can persuade 1Password v4.0.8 to sync out via DropBox.

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

I have Un-installed and Re-installed, 1Password 4, Multiple times to no Avail, so i will wait until Agilebits solve this Anomaly. But it Sucks when u cannot Sync your Devices. Version 3 & Version 4's Data does not matchup so something must be wrong with the new Appstore Version.

• SoNotNic
    SoNotNic
    Community Member
    Options

Does the following answer your question?

http://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/16959/mac-app-store-version-with-dropbox-does-not-sync-instantly#latest

When using the Mac App Store version and Dropbox syncing an issue exists that prevents 1Password from instantly syncing-in new changes that have been made. A change that was made on a separate device will not show up in 1Password 4 until an explicit sync occurs. An explicit sync occurs whenever 1Password is unlocked, you switch vaults or make a change. As a work-around to force a sync you can either lock/unlock 1Password or switch vaults. AgileBits apologizes for the grief this is causing you and will be submitting a fix to the App Store as soon as possible.

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but that did not help.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

@rizzior and @antipole,

Had Dropbox syncing previously been working properly for you and stopped working after the 4.0.8 update? Have you restarted your system(s) since this trouble started and tried disabling/reenabling Dropbox sync?

So we can get more information to help you fix this please email us a Diagnostics Report from any Mac running 1P4 that's having this problem; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. The logs from the report are especially useful for this type of problem. Thanks in advance!

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I have just sent my "Diagnostics Report". Thanks

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @rizzior.

Your email with the report is still hiding from me. :)

Did you send it from a different address than you're registered with on this forum?

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

I Might have. What should i do ?

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

I sent it from my Gmail Account, Sorry.

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

i have just gonna re-sent it from this Account.

• sturvey
    sturvey
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same issue. Read this thread and created reports. Sent them to support a few minutes ago.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey guys,

Thanks for sending those reports; we've received them okay. We'll follow up directly in email now so that things don't get confused between here and there! :)

• rizzior
    rizzior
    Community Member
    Options

ok. Take as long as u want, as long as u get it resolved. All of us here cannot have the same issue if there is not some kinda Problem.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for your patience, @rizzior.

What might appear to be the same issue because of similar symptoms can be a different underlying problem with a different solution. :)

This discussion has been closed.