Safari and Chrome exits don't find 1PW app

Options
DavePatrick
DavePatrick
Community Member

Suddenly with no changes to computer (that I know of) both Safari and Google Chrome can't find the 1Password app. I get the alert and suggested fixes but no dice. However Firefox works perfectly with the ext and app. I've uninstalled 1P, fixed permissions, reinstalled app and extens, problem persists. Mini is running, app itself is fine but no access possible through Safari or Chrome. On MB Pro, 10.9, 1Pass 4.0.8 from App store.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @DavePatrick.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the 1P4 extension in Safari and Chrome. What exactly is the alert you're seeing when trying to use it? Have you restarted your Mac since the problem started?

If you're still stuck and want to work with us directly through email to fix this please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• DavePatrick
    DavePatrick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt response! I came back to the forum to head you off at the pass because the problem was solved, but there you were. I found that somehow - through some software?- I'm not sure - proxy settings found their way into my network settings. Have no idea how as I use none, but once I cleared them all was well. Sorry for the false alarm and thanks again - BTW the alert was a new page opening that said I needed to install 1password before the ext would work.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @DavePatrick. Much better you've discovered the cause of your problem and fixed it than heading me off at the pass. :)

Unexpectedly changing proxy settings is another explanation why 1P4 extensions suddenly stop working on other people's systems for no immediately apparently reason. I appreciate you mentioning that's what happened in your case.

Enjoy your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.