No options for iCloud or DropBox Sync

Options
Jason Hinson
Jason Hinson
Community Member

Although the screenshots I've seen of the 1Password 4 preferences show the "Sync" tab with options for iCloud and DropBox syncing, my version only provides options for Syncing with a Folder!

I have no idea what I'm missing, but here's my process:

I was previously a user of 1Password 3 (purchased via the website). I downloaded the upgrade for 1Password 4 (deleting 3 before I realized that 4 was not a free upgrade but a limited-time demo... but ANYWAY). After realizing that it was not a free upgrade, I decided to purchase 1Password 4 from the AppStore so I could enjoy iCloud syncing. I quit the limited-time demo version, quit 1Password Mini, trashed the old version, and emptied the trash. I then started 1Password purchased from the App Store and, to my dismay, found its sync preferences did not include iCloud or DropBox options. I checked my iCloud preferences, and the Documents and Data setting lists 1Password Mini, which is checked.

What am I missing?

Thanks!!!

-Jay

Comments

• Jason Hinson
    Jason Hinson
    Community Member
    Options

NEVER mind...

I see that I had to first disable syncing before the other options appeared. Suggestion: show the other options grayed out with a note that you must first disable syncing.

I'll leave this post up (do I even have an option to delete it?) in case it's useful to anyone else.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Jason,

I'm so glad to hear that you got it sorted out. You're right - only one sync can be enabled at a time, so you do need to disable the current method if you wish to change things up. I do apologize that the sync solutions weren't more clear to you. I will leave this post up to see if helps anyone else. :)

This discussion has been closed.