Incomplete Sync, iCloud

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
This discussion was created from comments split from: Incomplete sync.

Comments

• TerryReis
    TerryReis
    Community Member
    Options

I Have the same problem but it is Mac Version 4.0.8 to iPhone 5s App (latest version) via iCloud.
    Some logins will not sync across to my iPhone. I have 66 on my MacBook pro and 62 on my iPhone.
    Some logins are incomplete, missing data on iPhone.
    Some new passwords have not transferred to iPhone.
    I have deleted and re-installed the app on the iPhone and turned off and turned back on iCloud sync.
    It is always the same logins which are effected from what I can see.
    I only have 3 credit cards listed they all appear on the iPhone but the information is either old or incomplete.
    As I am writing this I am checking through and finding more inconsistencies.
    Only 2 passwords listed on my Mac and 2 on my iPhone. 1 is the same but the iPhone has another one that I deleted from my Mac sometime ago and does not have a new one just added to the mac today.

The more I go through it the more problems I am finding with the version on the iPhone.
    The problems appear random.

I have no problems with 1Password 4 on my mac but the information syncing to my iPhone is very unreliable.

This is very worrying I have just spent a lot of time regenerating random passwords for each site (after the Adobe debacle).
    If 1Password cannot sync these up reliably with my iPhone then it is unusable for me.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    I need this software and syncing to work reliably.

Best regards,

Terry Reis

• TerryReis
    TerryReis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kingsley,

One option I had considered (it sounds like we have the same problem) was to disable iCloud sync and enable Dropbox sync on both devices. But from your experience it sounds like that will not solve the problem.
    Not sure about the date thing exactly but it appears to me it is all newer data that is not syncing.

Cheers,

Terry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TerryReis,

Since the trouble seems to be with iCloud sync on your iOS device, I'd like to try reinstalling the 1Password app again, but with a few extra steps: We're going to see if we can't give iCloud a little kickstart:

• Go to Settings > iCloud > "Documents & Data", toggle to off.
    • Delete 1Password for iOS.
    • Reboot your iOS device.
    • Reinstall 1P, but don't launch.
    • Back in Settings, toggle "Documents and Data" back on.
    • Wait 20 minutes to give data time to load onto device.
    • Launch 1Password.

Please let me know how this works!

• TerryReis
    TerryReis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

Carried out your instructions exactly.
    Unfortunately it did not work. I don't have time to check every detail at the moment but everyone that was missing before is missing again. Same information missing or not updated on Credit Cards.
    I suspect the problem may not be with the IOS 1Password not downloading the information.
    But may be with 1Password 4 not uploading the information correctly.

Your help is most appreciated, I really need to solve this.

Cheers,

Terry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TerryReis,

I've split this discussion into its very own topic because although the symptoms seem the same as the original post, we're looking at some different steps to get things solved and we want to keep this as easy to follow as possible (both for you and for others having a similar issue!)

Now, let's get you sorted out. Since you say that the same information is missing all the time, I'd like you to confirm something for me: are you logged in to the same iCloud account on all computers and devices? (If you're like me and somehow collected several ... this could be where the discrepancy in data is coming in.)

• TerryReis
    TerryReis
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I only have one Apple ID which I use for everything.

Cheers,

Terry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TerryReis,

Thanks for confirming that for me. I think our next step is to get a bit more information on your system here. Could you please send us a Diagnostics Report?

Download the 1Password Troubleshooting utility and follow the instructions to generate the report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@ agilebits .com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• TerryReis
    TerryReis
    Community Member
    Options

Sent report.
    Looking froward to your reply.
    Cheers,

Terry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TerryReis,

Thanks so much for sending that report along! One of our tech gurus will respond to you just as soon as possible :)

• TerryReis
    TerryReis
    Community Member
    Options

Any news ? I need to get this sorted, invested a lot of time in 1Password and currently it is unusable for me.

Cheers,

Terry

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TerryReis,

I see that Kyle has been working with you via email - you are in good hands there! :)

This discussion has been closed.