Need to add license to 2nd install of 1 Password 4 for Mac

Options
Jeff Cospolich
Jeff Cospolich
Community Member

I have one install working great on my Macbook Pro at home. I downloaded 1Password 4 on my other Mac, and then i went 1 Password -> License to add my license. It then opens up my download folder, looking for a license file. When i submitted my email to get my license sent to me, I received a license for 1 Password 3 for Mac. How can I license 1 Password 4 on my second Mac? thank you, great product!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Jeff.

I did locate a record of your 1Password 3 license purchase in our back office but not a 1P4 upgrade. Was 1Password 4 purchased from the Mac App Store, or with a different account from our Agile Web Store, on your MacBook Pro?

• Jeff Cospolich
    Jeff Cospolich
    Community Member
    Options

As it turns out, the MacBook Pro is still running a trial version. So I checked out the upgrade pricing for 1 Password 3 owners. One question, if my wife and I both want to run 1P4 on our MacBook Pro (via diff user accts), would that scenario require 2 diff licenses? I also need it on my work machine. Trying to see if we need the Family License. Thanks for your reply.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the followup, Jeff.

Here's an answer to your question from the AgileBits Software Licenses page:

Our software is licensed per person per platform. Each user and each platform requires a license.

So you and your wife each need a license, making a Family license the best value. Then you can both run 1Password on as many systems (Mac and/or Windows, depending on which platform(s) the license covers) anywhere you'd like to.

And our 1Password Thanksgiving discount is still in effect. :)

This discussion has been closed.