Where is the "Recently generated passwords" function?

Options
hansderycke
hansderycke
Community Member

I could have sworn upon my dead mother's grave that 1P used to have a menu option to list recently generated passwords. I can't find it anymore.

The situation is that I logged into taxcolorado.gov, and was required to change my password. When I did, 1P failed to offer to update the stored password. I then tried to manually update the stored password, but couldn't find a way to retrieve the just-generated password. (and it was already gone from the clipboard :( )

Comments

• hansderycke
    hansderycke
    Community Member
    Options

Isn't that just typical. I found the solution after I cry for help.

In 1P, I selected the Passwords category, and sorted by date created. The entry with the new colorado.gov password was at the top, so it was easy to copy it and paste it in the right place.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @hansderycke.

I'm glad you found the Passwords category with your newly generated password there. Whew. :)

What probably happened when you made the password change is that 1P4 was unable to locate a corresponding Login item and offer to update it like:

This document may be helpful for password updates you do in the future:

How to Update A Password On A Website

We are working hard to improve the process of password updating with 1P4. In cases where it doesn't work as expected/intended, like yours with the colorado.gov site, it would be useful to have a more convenient way to manually fix the problem.

This discussion has been closed.