Chrome extension syncing between 1Password 3 & 4 - issue?

Options
sabatin48
sabatin48
Community Member

Chrome extension syncing between 1Password 3 & 4 - issue?

I am running V3 on Mac Mini running Snow Leopard (Cannot update OS at this point in time) and V4 on Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion.
2 chrome extensions are installed one for V3 and one for V4 - Because Chrome extensions are synced - they both display in Chrome tool bar on both the machines.

The issue - On the MacBook Pro running V4, I keep getting a message to Uninstall the V3 Extension (Very annoying), However, I cannot remove this extension on the MacBook Pro as it will also remove it on the Mac Mini. I am unaware of a way to Unsync individual Chrome extensions, if there is one. Any thoughts on how to get around this annoyance????

Comments

• Hey @sabatin48,

If you are using both 1Password 3 and 1Password 4 on different computers, you will need to disable extension sync in Chrome to use the appropriate 1Password extension on each computer. Please go to chrome://settings/ and select Advanced Sync Settings. 'Sync Everything' is enabled by default. Click to 'Choose what to sync' and uncheck extensions.

Then you can ensure that the 1Password 3 extension is installed where it needs to be, and the shiny new 1Password 4 extension is installed on the computers running 1Password 4.

• sabatin48
    sabatin48
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for that - Yes, the settings allow me to choose not to sycn Extensions, but this would apply to all my extensions. I cannot pick and choose which Extensions I would like sync.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sabatin48,

I do apologize for the inconvenience here, but unfortunately @JasperP is correct. Chrome doesn't provide a way for us to differentiate between extensions so without disabling extension sync, you are going to continue to run into this problem.

I'm sorry - I really do wish I had a better answer for you here.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

This request for Chromium/Chrome was submitted a few months ago:

Issue 277298 - chromium - [Feature request] Selective sync for extensions

Unfortunately its Status is WontFix.

• sabatin48
    sabatin48
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the responses