Master password rejected multiple times in 4.3.2, iOS 7.0.4

Options
billj
billj
Community Member

Granted, this could be my doing, but recently, it seems that 1Password 4.3.2 for iOS has been rejecting correctly typed master passwords, and rejecting them multiple times.

I found that "force closing" 1Password 4.3.2 helped, although in one case, I had to "force close" multiple times.

I could be typing the password incorrectly. But after the initial rejection, I was being incredibly careful. And it's odd that I'd type the password incorrectly that many times in a row.

Which leads me to wonder: have I encountered a glitch in 1Password 4.3.2 for iOS that rejects correctly typed passwords?

Has anyone else run into this?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @billj,

Thanks for including so much detail in your original post! Could you let me know if you have any accented or special characters in your password? We recommend using only ASCII characters in your Master Password, as the iOS app can't handle anything too fancy. :)

• emaahs
    emaahs
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Haven't been able to get into my upgraded 1P4 on my iPhone5 for a couple weeks. Vault consistently rejects my password - but only on my iPhone while my three Macs and iPad still work after upgrade. I use generally use Dropbox but have also tried to sync with iCloud to no avail - I keep getting "Enable iCloud" messages even though it is enabled. I even have the Mobile Documents folder in my Library although I did notice it is the only folder with the following numbers attached "Mobile Documents.1677940465" Maybe that's the problem?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi @emaahs,

Have you recently changed your password? It's a Known Issue that "Changing master passwords do not sync to other Macs or your mobile devices. Once you change it on one Mac, you'll need to change it manually on the other Macs and mobile devices."

Please also let me know if you have any special or accented characters in your Master Password. As I've stated above, this can cause problems.

Finally, you mention trying both Dropbox and iCloud. I just wanted to let you know that we don't recommend switching back and forth between sync services. There have been several cases where 1Password ends up merging data from multiple sources and you can end up with duplicate entries or conflicts. Please let me know which of these you would like to set up and we'll do our troubleshooting based on that :)

EDIT: I've deleted your duplicate post in a separate discussion so that we can keep our conversation organized here

• emaahs
    emaahs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your response @Megan.

No, I have not changed my password since I set up my account in March, and it only contains uppercase, lowercase, and numbers.

I have used Dropbox since setting up my account in March and experienced no problems until the recent upgrade. I was hoping 4.3.2 was going to resolve my issue, but no luck. I only recently tried to use iCloud when I could not successfully troubleshoot the issue of my iPhone not accepting my MPW. All my devices are Apple, so if it is suggested that iCloud is the preferable way to sync, I'll be happy to switch. (Although since 1P4 doesn't recognize that iCloud is enabled on any of my devices, (it's enabled on them all) that might be a bigger problem than just getting my iPhone to accept my MPW with Dropbox?)

Okay, I await your instructions...

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emaahs,

Thanks so much for confirming that for me. Because you have tried to use iCloud, I'm wondering if 1Password may have found something there and is looking at that instead of the datafile you want it to find in Dropbox. So, let's try reinstalling 1Password 4 for iOS:

• Tap & hold on the 1Password icon on the home screen. It will begin to move slightly, and an x will appear on the corner.
    • Tap the x on 1Password, and confirm the deletion.
    • Press the Home button to stop the other apps on your screen from moving.
    • Delete the Data on iCloud (if it exists): http://learn.agilebits.com/1Password4/iOS/Tutorials/ios-reset-data.html
    • Restart your iOS device
    • Now, visit the App Store on your device, and tap the Purchased section (on iPhone, Purchased is nested within Updates).
    • Find 1Password in your purchase history and tap the cloud icon to re-download, free of charge.

• When you open 1Password 4 for the first time, select "I've Used 1Password Before" and sync via Dropbox

Please let me know if this kicks things into gear! :)

As far as the iCloud vs. Dropbox issue goes, we don't necessarily recommend one over the other - it's up to your preferences and your needs. If you decide you'd like to switch to iCloud, I'd be happy to help.

• emaahs
    emaahs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Bingo! You cracked the code! Everything back to normal including my blood-pressure. Thanks much for your assistance! ; )

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @emaahs,

Whoo!! I'm so glad to hear that things are working again for you - thanks so much for letting me know. :D Have a wonderful relaxing weekend with your regular blood pressure. ;)

This discussion has been closed.