1Password v4 using dropbox with 1Password v2

Options
randyk
randyk
Community Member

I have an older Mac running IOS 10.6.8 and 1Password 2 and a newer Mac running 10.9. I just purchased the family upgrade to 1Password 4 and just found out it will not run on my older Mac. Not a problem if my old Mac, my new Mac, my iPad and 2 iPhones will all sync using my dropbox. When I run 1Password 4 on my new Mac for the first time, it recognizes there is a vault in my dropbox and requests my master password. I have tried entering my master password multiple times is 1Password 4 and it keeps getting rejected. any thoughts??

Comments

• randyk
    randyk
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry - it is actually 1Password 3 on my older Mac not 2 like I had originally state.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @randyk,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

There are a few simple things I'd like you to check before we get into the more serious troubleshooting:

• Is Dropbox logged in with the same account on all computers?
    • Is 1Password 3 currently syncing to Dropbox? (Please confirm in Preferences > Sync)
    • Does your Master Password unlock your database on the older computer running 1Password 3?
    • Are you using any special or accented characters in your Master Password?

Once I know a bit more about your situation, we'll be in a better position to get it sorted out :)

This discussion has been closed.