How to resolve conflicts

Options
alexmidd
alexmidd
Community Member

I am having a problem with 1Password 4.0.8 (408001) on MacBook pro with OS X Mavericks (10.9). I have a conflict in a login and this means that if I change the password it shows the conflict password in the password history instead of the password that I have just changed, so I have no history. For example, if I have password "abcdef" and in the conflict it shows password "ghijkl". So I change password "abcdef", which is the actual password, to "mnopqr". This works but it now shows the previous password in the password history as "ghijkl" and not "abcdef" as I want. And I seemingly can't get rid of the conflict either so as to stop this happening. The only help I have found for this is for 1Password version 3 which says that there is a conflict resolver in "Help -> Tools" but there is not in version 4. Please can you help me resolve this conflict, remove it and get back the correct history of passwords for the account. Thanks.

Comments

• nielsa
    nielsa
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem...

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

So no solution by the looks of it. I think the pundits are right when they say that 1Password is going out of fashion. There are newer and more up-to-date options out there, it's just going to be a pain migrating everything across to one of them.

• alexmidd
    alexmidd
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone give me some advice here please? It says on your "Contact Us" page that it is better to post a problem here than to send you an email but it seems that even problems posted here get ignored. I am not happy that I cannot get technical help for a product that I have paid for three times already (once for Mac, once for iOS and once for Android). This seems like a pretty straightforward problem to fix so I am not sure why it is being ignored. Please help!!!

Thanks you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alexmidd and @nielsa,

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Unfortunately, we're not able to re-create this on our end. I know some time has passed since your original post, and we've had several version updates since then. Are you still seeing this behaviour in the latest version?

This discussion has been closed.