No syncing no matter what I do

Options
Rightbrainforhire
Rightbrainforhire
Community Member

I have used 1password for years, but this new incarnation has me stumped. I can sync between my iPhone 5s and macpro but not with my macbook pro. It keeps getting hung up on the syncing part (message on phone says 0/58 etc). When I tried my ipad mini it synced. Then I updated the ipad and iphone on the macpro and wanted to transfer the new logins to the macbook pro and now the sync hangup starts again with both mobile devices. I have searched online for a couple of hours for a solution. I have re installed on the macbook pro and still nothing. Restarted several times. Any advice?
Thanks,
Heidi

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Heidi ( @Rightbrainforhire ),

I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to you here but we have been a bit overwhelmed since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac. We're all working hard and putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses and we really appreciate your patience.

Now, you don't mention what you are using to sync, but I'm going to take a guess and say that you're probably using Wi-Fi sync. There is a bug 4.0.9 and earlier where 1Password 4 would have difficulty syncing from iOS when the database was larger, and it sounds to me like this might explain your situation.

The good news is that this bug has been squashed in the big 4.1 update. If you bought 1Password 4 from our website, you should have that update already, and if you purchased from the Mac App Store, 4.1 is currently awaiting review. As soon as it is approved, you should be able to get things synced up with no troubles!

If I'm misunderstanding your situation, please let me know and we'll get you sorted out :)

This discussion has been closed.