Brand new master password doesn't work

Options
Jeni_SC
Jeni_SC
Community Member

Is there a way to reset the master password? I just created it and it doesn't work!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jeni_SC,

If you haven't yet stored any data in 1Password 4, you can use our Starting Over Guide to start fresh. :)

• dsaatchi
    dsaatchi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan
    I am super dumb, just purchased 1Password for mac, downloaded, entered a password, re-entered it, did not write it down and cannot replicate it. No data was entered, I tried following the guide to start over, but cannot do it. Any suggestions?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @dsaatchi.

Is there a specific place in the Starting Over guide where you're getting stuck at that we can help you with?

• dsaatchi
    dsaatchi
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I copied and pasted~/Library/Application Support/1Password as instructed, received message that the file was not found

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @dsaatchi.

Are you running version 4.1.1 (from the AgileBits Store) or version 4.1 (from the Mac App Store)?

For version 4.1.1, you want to follow these instructions:

If you use the AgileBits Store version.

You would be copying and pasting this:

~/Library/Application Support/

For version 4.1, you want to follow these instructions:

If you use the Mac App Store version

You would be copying and pasting this:

~/Library/Containers/

If you're still stuck and would like more help through email please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac where you want to start over; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• dsaatchi
    dsaatchi
    Community Member
    Options

thank you,~/Library/Containers/ worked just fine. I don't know how I missed this in the instructions. Thankful you helped me.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, @dsaatchi. Thanks for letting me know that worked for you.

Happy New Year! :)

This discussion has been closed.