1Password 4 - total fail with Safari logins

Options
unihead
unihead
Community Member

I've been a huge fan of 1Password 4 and have recommended it to many friends, but things hve been going haywire since the 4 upgrade. For some reason, when I selected a login in Safari, it would go to the site but then no longer fill in my details - I had to click again to fill them in. This was a pain but I put it in the 'work it out later' box. Then as of this morning, for no discernable reason, it won't even do that. A login link will send me to a site, but I can't fill in my details even if I click it again. Total fail.

I've checked the list of things to check that's in the knowldge base, and everything should be fine. Why is 1Password 4 no longer working properly, any ideas?

I'm on a Mac, latest system, everything up to date, auto login checked in prefs, latest plugins and versions.

Comments

• unihead
    unihead
    Community Member
    Options

Would someone be so kind as to give me some help? I just updated to 4.1.1 and it made no difference. Very frustrated.

• gekswa
    gekswa
    Community Member
    Options

I am running OSX 10.8.5 and 1password 4.1.1 also Kaspersky 13.0.2.458 which I have disabled, but every time I try to load the safari extension I get an error message. It won't load the extension so 1p will go to login site but not fill anything in.

• unihead
    unihead
    Community Member
    Options

Please start your own thread. Not that I seem to be getting any help on this one.

By the way I'm suddenly getting the filling in functionality again, but 1password still doesn't do what it used to, which was go to a site, fill in the password and activate it, all in one click. Now have to make 3 clicks - select login which takes me to site, select login again to fillin details, and then click the OK.

• unihead
    unihead
    Community Member
    Options

No support, no answers, nothing. Very disappointed in this company. Something has obviously changed at AgileBits.

• Maxmo
    Maxmo
    Community Member
    Options

Mine has stopped working in Safari too. The extension is there & pops up as expected - just doesn't fill anything in. It works fine in Firefox. Something is definitely amiss.

• Maxmo
    Maxmo
    Community Member
    Options

Don't know why, but a full reboot seems to have fixed the problem. I should have tried that before posting!

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

@unihead (and others)

AgileBits has been really busy since the launch of 1Password 4 for Mac, therefore a bit slower answering support requests. But this topic being over a week old, it may have been missed. I'll tag @sjk and @Megan from AgileBits so hopefully they'll take notice. :)

If you haven't seen it already, this support article might offer a helpful suggestion in the mean time:

1Password fails to fill data

• unihead
    unihead
    Community Member
    Options

Thankyou, but I checked that FAQ before posting to the forum. 1Password still fails to fill in data. I imagine I'm not the only one with this problem so please continue working on a fix if that's what's happening. I'm sure we'd all like to see 1Password 4 become as stable and reliable as 1Password 3.

• rl50
    rl50
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

I've found that clearing the browser cache helps. You can do that via the reset function in the Safari menu.

• I'm sure AgileBits is working on improving auto-fill, but it should already be fairly reliable. I personally haven't been experiencing any major issues with it. Hopefully @sjk or @Megan will be able to help you out.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @unihead and everyone else,

I truly apologize for the delay with responding here as this topic managed to elude our radar.

For anyone who's still having trouble please send a Diagnostics Report from your Mac with the problem and we'll help you resolve it through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic and your forum username in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• unihead
    unihead
    Community Member
    Options

Yay! Report sent off, thank you. In the meantime I'll try clearing the browser cache.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the report, @unihead. After analyzing it we'll follow up more with you about this issue through email.

Has clearing the browser cache made any difference?

• unihead
    unihead
    Community Member
    Options

Getting varying results - some fill in and but don't hit the final 'enter' at the end, some do, some don't fill in at all. Doesn't seem to be consistent...

Happy to see I haven't been forgotten!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey, @unihead.

At least for auto-submit issues disabling the Animate form filling option under Preferences… > Browser has been known to help in some cases.

This discussion has been closed.