Syncing with icloud

icolgan
icolgan
Community Member

I am having trouble syncing my iPad, IPhone and Mac so that all info is the same on each. My Mac is set up to sync to iCloud and wanted to do the same with my iPad and iPhone, but there is not an iCloud option in the sync section of settings on these devices. Help!

Comments

• Hey @icolgan,

What version of 1Password for iOS are you using? If you aren't sure, please let me know which of these icons matches yours:

• pglages
    pglages
    Community Member

I have the same problem. I sync my computers using iCloud, but the option doesn't show on my iPhone 5.
    I am using the first version you show above.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013

I don't believe that version 3.x ever supported syncing with iCloud. Only Dropbox. But Dropbox's recent change in their API broke Dropbox syncing for version 3.x too. To get syncing with either iCloud or Dropbox requires iPassword 4 for iOS.

• pglages
    pglages
    Community Member

Thank you for the help. I thought I had the most up-to-date version because I regularly updated the app. I didn't realize I needed to purchase a new version to have it sync on my iPhone.

• sandytntn
    sandytntn
    Community Member

I purchased the 4 upgrade for my Mac, ipad and iphone 5S. I am able to sync iphone with mac and ipad over Dropbox but am unable to turn icloud sync on on the iphone. The option is there but toggle is blacked out. What gives?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sandytntn,

Congratulations on upgrading 1Password! I'd be happy to help you get things working smoothly again. Is there a particular reason that you are syncing with Dropbox on some devices and iCloud on others? Generally, we recommend using only one sync solution at a time. If Dropbox is working well for your Mac and your iPad, it would be easiest to use Dropbox for you iPhone as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.