Trouble filling in username on web form — name of web form field?

Options
PauHana658
PauHana658
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I have a username and password for my university's web portal. I can fill them in manually and log in, but I can't use 1Password to do so automatically. The password field is properly filled in, but the username field blinks and then remains empty. Looking at the form element, I can see a few possibilities for the field name (sorry, my HTML code knowledge is rusty). I thought that I'd be able to adjust the "web details" part of the 1Password login page to one of these field name possibilities, but nothing has worked so far. Here is the web form code for the field:

input class="ab_LoginBox" style="border:0px solid #00F; float:left;" id="user" name="user" tabindex="1" onfocus="hadFocus(true)" type="text" size="15"

I changed "username" in 1Password's web details to "user", but that didn't work. Perhaps I don't understand how "web details" works? Does anyone know how I can get this to work? Thanks!

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @PauHana658.

Here's what I'd try first with that page:

Saving a new Login manually

If that new Login item still fails to work please send the page URL and we'll take a closer look at the problem. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.