Feature Request

Options
bcbrock
bcbrock
Community Member

I emailed this in yesterday, but thought I would post here as well... Perhaps I've missed a setting somewhere and can actually do what I'd like to. :-)

I LOVE this app, and would be lost without it. It is the single most important purchase that I've made for my ios devices, and has become a cornerstone to everything I do online, both professionally and personally. Thank you for creating this wonderful app!

The one think I would like to see in a future release is the ability to save files from within the browser. I often access password protected sites via 1P, and view PDF files that I need to save for later viewing. I currently have to log into the same site via safari in order to save the file to iBooks, which is a drain on my time. Could you please implement a save feature? Perhaps it could target multiple options...
1) I'm thinking 1Password could maintain its own library similar to GoodReader, but it would still require logging into the app first for those private documents / files
2) Open the file in another app that supports the file type. For example, in the case of a PDF, send to iBooks.

With these options, this would make 1P a much more solid user experience (imho).

Thanks for considering.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bcbrock,

Thanks so much for the kind words! I also very much appreciate you sharing your use case here - I can certainly see how that would be frustrating for you. I'll be sure that our developers see this request. :)

• wlmorin55
    wlmorin55
    Community Member
    Options

Has anyone requested adding the ability to display a barcode for rewards card entries? It would be nice to be able to open 1Password on my iPhone and select a reward card and have a scannable barcode displayed.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wlmorin55,

You're not the first one to suggest such a feature for 1Password - I'll be sure your vote is added to the request :) It sounds pretty nifty to me.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

For the present, couldn't you scan your barcode and then attach it to the relevant record to be accessed when needed? It seems to me that you will need to scan barcodes in any case.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hawkmoth,

Adding the barcode as an attachment manually would be a great interim step :)

• rapton
    rapton
    Community Member
    edited January 2014
    Options

Hallo everyone,

I asked for this feature (file opened at the browser and send this file - not the link - with mail or open it in one other program) for the first time on 19.01.2013. The feedback: "Asked the developers, but can not make promises". The second time I asked on 03.01.2014 (hey, I wait one year :) ) - No answer at this moment. I need this feature, too! This can not be magic, or?

Goodbye,
    Nils

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Nils ( @rapton ),

Thanks for checking in on us! Unfortunately, I don't have any updates for you at this time. Our development team is small, and we've been focussed on some pretty big changes with 1Password 4. Once we get the big new features (like the ever-popular multiple vaults) rolled out for iOS, it will be easier to focus on these details.

We very much appreciate your patience, and I'll be sure to remind the developers that you're excited to see this feature :)

This discussion has been closed.