Folder sync issues with removable drive [Confirmed, will be improved]

Options
13»

Comments

• tmb
    tmb
    Community Member
    Options

just would like to chime in here and give a +1 on the sync-to-fileserver issues. Using 4.4.3 the sync works fine and resumes most of the time after a reconnect. (I see the sync error message only occasionally)
    But what really annoys me is that if the mac is not connected to the server, I get a message from finder about not beeing able to reach the server every few minutes. Also, when the server is reachable again, it will get mounted with a "nobrowse" attribute most of the time. So the sync works, but I cannot access the share in finder. If I would then mount the server again, I could end up with a /Volumes/sharename-1 mountpoint. So I usually do a umount in terminal first, then remounting with the Finder. I think it is 1password doing the nobrowse remounts.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @tmb,

Thanks for the feedback here - I can see how that persistent message would be a bit annoying. I'll pass your thoughts along!

ref: OPM-1814

• tmb
    tmb
    Community Member
    Options

unfortunately now with Yosemite 10.2 and 1Password 5.1 the situation with could-not-connect-to-server messages every few min and nobrowse-mounts still has not changed :|

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tmb,

I shall bring this up again and ask what might be happening. Unfortunately as I write this I don't have anything new to report - sorry.

This discussion has been closed.