1Password 4.1 release? Price?

Options
Susan8352
Susan8352
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I just read that Agilebits will release 1Password 4.1 for the Mac later today. I'm surprised there are no announcements on the site. I really hope this fixes the syncing problems. Is this a free upgrade for 4.0 users?

Comments

• @Susan8352 They've announced it on their blog. You should be able to check for updates and download it now if you're an AgileBits website customer. And yes, a free update for all 1Password 4 users! :)

• Steveing64
    Steveing64
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Ive checked for updates and says i am up to date looks like not ready yet to be realesed and i am not running the app store version so there blog is wrong

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

4.1 is not on the App Store. The MAS version is still 4.0.8. :(

• Mr. Laser Beam:

From the blog post linked above:

Mac App Store customers can keep an eye out for that red badge as soon as Apple approves it.

It is not available in the Mac App Store yet. Apple must approve the update before it is released.

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

I hope there's nothing wrong with MAS approval. This isn't going to delay 4.1 appearing on the app store, is it? (I see that 4.1 has been announced but it isn't on the MAS)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Apple must approve the update before it is released.

There isn't a problem or delay, is there?

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

Mr. Laser Beam:

All apps in the Mac App Store must be approved by Apple before they are released. From the blog post, it sounds like AgileBits has submitted 4.1 - but as with all apps, Apple must approve it before the update goes live.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

Using the Check for Updates option on the 1Password 4 menu, I just now downloaded and installed version 4.1.1 directly from AgileBits. It wasn't there earlier this morning when I first read the news about its release. (It's now 11:30 AM PST.)

Went off to the Mac App Store to check there; it still shows the current version as 4.0.8.

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked (again) - still not there :(

• Jasper
    edited December 2013
    Options

Mr. Laser Beam:

It is not available in the Mac App Store yet. Apple must approve the update before it is released. It could be a few days, depending on Apple.

@hawkmoth is using the AgileBits website version.

• Susan8352
    Susan8352
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated from within 1P4 for Mac myself. Yay!

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

Hi.
    When ver 4.1 will be available in Apple's App Store ?
    Thank you !

• @ronen AgileBits posted about version 4.1 on their blog today and said that it's waiting for Apple's approval. So it will be available in the Mac App Store once Apple approves it (could take a few days).

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

Getting rather impatient for the MAS version - hope Apple hasn't found a problem that would cause them to delay approving the app. :(

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

I am well aware that Apple has to approve this, but I can't remember them ever taking this long to do it before now. They haven't told you why they're taking so long, have they? Do they not work on the weekends or something? I hope there hasn't been a delay that would cause them to hold up the approval process. :(

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited December 2013
    Options

If I recall correctly, it took Apple a long time to approve 4.0.8 after it had already been released on the AgileBits site. According to AgileBits release notes, version 4.0.9 was released on their site on November 11. The Mac App Store shows November 14 as the date for version 4.0.8.

And i'm sure I've read about iOS applications taking a week or more, sometimes much more, to get Apple's approval. It's now been only three days since 4.1.1 was announced. None of this helps cure the impatience to update, I know! :)

• Mr. Laser Beam
    Mr. Laser Beam
    Community Member
    Options

The difference there is, there wasn't a lot of fanfare accompanying the release of 4.0.8. I never knew that version even EXISTED until App Store's updater told me. So there wasn't any chance to get impatient about that one!

• Mr. Laser Beam:

All apps need to go through this approval process, and it does take some time. Version 4.0.8 was announced on November 7 but wasn't updated on the Mac App Store until November 14. It's pretty standard for it to take several days to get approved. I know it's exciting to get a big update like this, but you just need to be patient with Apple.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member
    Options

I prefer better performance after uptade to a newer versions.
    Even if I'll "need" to wait a few days ...
    Thank you for your replies.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@JasperP - I see that I mistyped the original release gate. My point was to have been that it took a week for Apple to approve the last release after it went out on the AgileBits site. I don't know how 7 became 11. I doubt I can blame it on autocorrect. :\">

This discussion has been closed.