WARNING: severe bug in Move to Trash in List view (v4.1.1) [confirmed, fixed in beta]

Options
daanjj
daanjj
Community Member
edited December 2013 in Mac

I have just updated to 4.1.1 (411001) and looked at the new List view (by selecting Top in View Item List Layout). I noticed that it is now easy to sort all passwords on Date Created, so I started to review my oldest passwords (back from 2006, yes, I am a long-time 1Password user). When I wanted to delete several selected items, I noticed that nothing happened. So I did it again, and again...

Next I decided to check the Trash, and saw a lot of passwords in there that I had NOT deleted!!!! Fortunately, using the same new list format, I was able to quickly restore them from the Trash. (BTW, a "Restore from Trash" command in the Contextual menu would be convenient here....)

I also noticed that when I double-clicked on a line in the new List view, the wrong site opens in Safari. I guess this is part of the same bug!

I hope you are able to reproduce and quickly fix this one.

Comments

• Famulus
    Famulus
    Community Member
    Options

I can reproduce this bug. If I select the list view with the list on top, I delete something else, not what is highlighted. Well… This is a new amazing feature. You can’t expect that it works. That’s not the Agile style.

• KellyG
    KellyG
    Community Member
    Options

@daanjj and @Famulus, I'm sorry you both ran into this! I have passed it along to our dev team, and now we have a fix ready to be released in our beta channel. I apologize for the inconvenience but thank you for letting us know!

• buzzico
    buzzico
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I found a dangerous issue that cause data loss.
    If you sort the list (by title column) in top panel view, and then select an item to delete, your are send to the trash the wrong object.
    Found it trying to delete duplicate passwords.

I have lost a lot of records.

Thanks.

A.

Version 4.1.1 (411001)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hi, @buzzico.

I've merged your topic with another report of this bug, which includes @KellyG's response on its status.

Are you able to restore from a backup to recover your lost items if they're not still in Trash?

• joecab
    joecab
    Community Member
    Options

Yikes, I'm running into this bug too! I sure hope it gets officially fixed soon since it's pretty serious. At least the fix is easy: go into your Trash and Restore any recently modified items that you didn't mean to delete. And thanks buzzico for letting us know that using Left view rather than List view avoids the problem.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @joecab.

I'm sorry this bug's bitten you, too. The fix will be in the next update and is already in the current beta (4.1.2.BETA-3).

This discussion has been closed.