1Password 4 - run & sync on desktop, laptop & iPhone?

Options
miniPPC
miniPPC
Community Member

I just purchased the current versions for iOS & computer. I want to be able to sync between my iPhone, iMac and MacBook Air. The iMac and Air each give me a separate code to use with an iOS device for syncing. How can I get all 3 to use the same sync code? I've chosen to use WiFi sync; is there a way to do this while still using WiFi? Can my laptop sync directly with my iMac?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @miniPPC,

Good questions! First, just in case you haven't already seen this, we have information about setting up Wi-Fi sync here: Sync using local Wi-Fi

To answer your questions: Each Mac will have its own sync code (i.e. "Secret"). They cannot use the same sync code. Wi-Fi sync will not work directly from one Mac to another. If you make a change on one Mac, you would need to sync it with 1Password on the iPhone, and then sync 1Password on the iPhone with the other Mac.

Our developers are definitely working on improving the Wi-Fi sync feature to make this all easier in the future. For now, if you'd like to use a sync option that is a bit more seamless, you can use Dropbox or iCloud sync.

I hope that helps!

• miniPPC
    miniPPC
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, that answered it. I appreciate you taking the time.

This discussion has been closed.