1password 4 is "updated" on a daily basis

Options
jensrohde
jensrohde
Community Member

Hi
My 1password (installed via the AppStore) is updated more og less daily - or it is "updated". In my Application folder I now have a 1password app (version 4.0.5), and folders named 1password-1 ... 1password-16. All these folders is empty.

So it looks like the automatic update tries to update my 4.0.5 to 4.0.8, but for some reason it fails.

Any suggestions as how to fix this? - should I just remove the application and reinstall?

Regards,
Jens Rohde

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, Jens ( @jensrohde ).

I'm sorry your Mac App Store auto-updating of 1Password 4 has gone out of control for some reason. Are you still able to use 1P4 (4.0.5?) without any other issues?

How to remove Mac App Store apps that appear in Launchpad is a good method to uninstall the MAS version of 1P4 before reinstalling it from App Store, if you'd like to give that a try. This won't touch your 1Password data.

If you'd rather not do that or something's still wrong after trying please email a Diagnostics Report from your Mac that's having this problem so we can help you resolve it through email; instructions are here:

Sending us your Diagnostics Report to help us help you!

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forum, but do include a link to this topic in the email so we can "connect the dots" when we receive it. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent it would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• jensrohde
    jensrohde
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    First: Yes, my 1password 4.0.5 worked perfectly.
    But I have deleted it, and reinstalled from the AppStore, so now I have 4.0.8. So let's see, how it reacts with the next update :)

Regards and thanks for a great product,
    Jens

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you, Jens! :)

• jensrohde
    jensrohde
    Community Member
    Options

Hmmm - darn! :)
    You guys just released 4.1, and when the App Store tried to update it, same thing happened. I got an extra folder called 1password, and my 1password is still version 4.0.8.
    I'll collect Diagnostics and send them as explained in the above mentioned link.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2013
    Options

Hey, @jensrohde.

Report received; thanks! Could you please restart your system and see if that makes any difference? Before doing it run 1Password 4 again, then Quit 1Password and 1Password mini by pressing Command-Control-Q.

This discussion has been closed.